Thursday, March 24, 2011

What the rain does...

Besides make everything wet? We'll get to this in a minute.

Let's start with what I really like about California--at least the southern part of it. The weather is predictable. If you walk outside, you know it's going to be sunny, and if it's cold, it'll probably still be sunny in a few hours. But, I've realized that Northern California is not so predictable on the weather front, and I've come to hate it. I'm never sure if I should or wear flip-flops or a coat...or both.

With that said, it's been raining for the past week. And while most people are hiding inside and feeling insanely miserable, I'm SO HAPPY!!!!! I'm very much aware that I'm probably one of a handful of people the actually enjoy the rain. I'm also very much aware of the nasty looks I get when I say this. But I can't help it. I LOVE IT!

People seem to forget all the possibilities that rain brings, and so...

1.) You remember that Spider-man kiss in the rain, and I'm know I'm not the only one who wants to give this a shot...all I need is a spandex spider suit and a guy to stuff it in. Any volunteers?


   









2.) Rainbows! 'nough said.


















3.) Okay, lets be honest here. You can drink hot chocolate any day, but you know that it tastes better when it's raining outside.  





















4.) Reruns!! Watching past seasons of your favorite TV shows and eating Doritos. This is a two in one: the TV's so loud you can't hear the phone ring and you get to cheat on your diet. And if you need a suggestion on what to watch...




So, there you have it four reasons why rainy days are the best. There's a million more, but this usually does it for me. What does the rain do for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment